Friday, September 29, 2006

Read This Book

Looking for something to read? Of course you are!
The latest reviews from San Francisco teens. Read a good book recently? Post your review.


Monster Garage: How to Customize Damn Near Anything


First of all, I would like to say I am not interested in anything related to cars much less customizing one. However, this book made me appreciate the art of customization.The book is filled with step-by-step guides on how to start customizing complete with photos. As a reader, I can sense the passion as well as effort that was put into making this book. Following this observation, I would like to point out, a book such as this one will have a specific target audience: people with the money, time, as well as passion to customize. At the same time, some of the contents of the book are more broad such as the explanation to how things in a car worked, this may appeal to car owners and drivers.Overall, I highly recommend this book to those who care about the individuality of their car.

by Christina, San Francisco

Fear This Book (not in SFPL collection)
by Jeff Szpirglas

Contrary to the statement "You should not judge a book by its cover" I do.A book's cover initially captures potential readers by appearing appealing to the eye thus inspiring interest. When I first laid eyes on this book I quickly passed judgment, it's a cheesy book until I read the book. The book is filled with lots of interesting facts and information. Even if you are not entertained by the contents of the book you will be by the graphics.Although I was wrong to judge this book by its cover I was right about some of its elements. Its attempt to crack jokes was often pathetic.Overall, I think this book is more appropriate for the lower ages such as middle school rather than high school. Older kids will not stand for its silliness.

No comments: